Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekend Before Going Live

The past couple weeks have been crazy - or more like Julien and I have driven our development team crazy. We probably spend around half of our work day in our developer's office and now Julien thinks he lives in Richmond.

Now we're getting ever closer to our launch date and I'm excited and anxious. Well, at least now it'll be out on the market and it only gets better as we keep improving it! :)

Two major tasks lie ahead: marketing and operations/development. We're splitting this to make the most efficient use of our time and I'll be taking care of the operations/development portion while J will work around the clock to get customers on board (yes, you will work around the clock and to be fair I will too).

I think one thing that I'm learning to do right now with 500 things on my to-do list is to make decisions fast. This doesn't mean that I don't put thought into it, more like I have learned to listen, digest and process information faster to make the most informed decisions possible given the time constraints. It's fun and suddenly I feel like I'm in another phase of building and running a business - learning how to get it off the ground.

I foresee many busy weeks ahead and I'm so glad that right now I have J to share the burden (yes, that's what I call giving you more than 24 hours of work in a day).

We will keep you posted on our progress! Check out the website and of course we want YOU to sign up to join us in Changing Exchanging!

No comments: