Monday, March 23, 2009

Productivity

Making use of every hour, minute, second of my day.

This is what it felt like today - extremely busy and extremely productive. I wish every day were like that!

I'm currently remaking my schedule to build more predictability into my work + personal life. (I work so much that probably my work = personal life..haha)

Dividing up the hours of my work day to specific areas such as:
  • Operations
  • Strategy
  • Marketing
  • Development
  • Investor Relations (tons of e-mail correspondence and write-up material)
  • HR (yes, even in a company of two full-time and a couple contractors this can be a BIG issue)
...makes my day so much more efficient it makes me smile :)

More importantly I've come to realize that I've been depriving myself of the ME time that I need. Sometimes you can get so involved and into your business that you lose sight of the things that are really important...as my friend said, always look out for #1 - YOU.

Think about it. If you aren't healthy or your mind is cluttered with stress and fragments of your business (ie. you don't have a big picture view of your business where you KNOW where all the pieces fit) then you run the risk of working way too much and losing the ability to guide/focus your company's path.

Sometimes it's necessary to take a step back; I'm glad I did and hopefully I can keep up this super efficient schedule.

No comments: