Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's the Rate? Come Again?!

So I use a patent lawyer that's based in the US. They're good. Really good. Except for the fact that of course I have to pay them in USD and our CAD dollar isn't doing especially well right now.

I received an invoice and was going to head over to the a local currency exchange house to do the conversion and get a USD check; I decided it would be a good idea to check the rates online for that currency exchange house before heading over. So the median rate live update showed that 1.21889 for the ask price for USD and I then I looked up the currency exchange's own rates...they sell USD at 1.231!!! So if you converted $10,000 CAD to USD today at 1.231, you would get $8,123. If you got the median rate instead, you would get $8204. Would you like to save $80?

It's at times like this when I wish I could use my own service faster. I'm totally working on turbo to speed up our launch now.

vroom vroom*

No comments: