Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh! The Places You'll Go!

Lately I've been trying to squeeze in more reading time but that was a complete failure. So I decided to read a book that shrinks 100 books into 1! Genius. Time saver. Some of the books I would definitely want to read the entire book instead of just a summary, but the one that caught my eye as one of the Best Business Books of All Time was Dr. Seuss' "Oh! The Places You'll Go!"

I received this as a graduation gift from my mentor 2 years ago and I have to admit that it has been the book that I have read time and again when I encountered difficult times in building my own business.

The concepts are so simple yet encouraging that I recommend that anyone that needs a boost in their day (if it's one of THOSE days...) to get this book. According to the summary I read, the entire book has less than 600 words! So, I can definitely say that it's an "easy" read. Here's an excerpt I like:
And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.

No comments: