Monday, May 4, 2009

Guest Blogger - ES Firmware Engineer

I just happened to meet up this guest blogger the other day and we chatted about how our work has changed in the past 2 years.

I found out that he had moved from a corporate to a startup environment - which got me thinking about having him blog about his experience while working in those environments.

I've heard so many people complain about working in a corporate environment on the tech team where their managers brought on their best teammates from past companies with minimal due diligence/screening/interviewing - which really lowered morale for the entire team.

They rant about people that put in the 9 to 5 (or sometimes worse, 9:30 - 11:30 and 1pm - 4:30pm...people just auto shrink their work days - it's amazing) and see their work as just another job.

So...today I have invited my friend to share with us his thoughts and experiences between these different workplaces. Enjoy!

No comments: